On April 21 Office 365 becomes Microsoft 365, a new service that adds more features to the office software. which can be easily downloaded from office.com/setup or microsoft365.com/setup. It will include Office applications like Word and Excel as Office 365 has, but it comes with some new applications and services. In an article describing the new service, Microsoft wrote that Microsoft 365 will offer “new artificial intelligence (AI), rich content and templates, and cloud-powered experiences.” Microsoft 365 will include the just-announced Editor tool for Microsoft Word. The editor is essentially what it sounds like: an AI editor. It will make grammar suggestions, and Microsoft says it will also do things like offering gender-neutral alternatives to phrases that are written. The service will include some smaller features and changes coming to PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook.
- Microsoft Outlook for iPadOS now lets you drag and drop files in split view
- Microsoft Outlook for Android and iOS get updated with improvements and bug fixes
- Microsoft Teams gets a new GitHub integration
- PowerPoint Live is now generally available
- Microsoft details the Surface Duo’s camera app and features